CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT! Please read before participating to this contest!!!
- SOA Ceramics Video Contest (“the Contest”) is organised by Rensoon Ceramics Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”).
- The Contest starts from 11 November 2018, Sunday and the closing date for submission is by 18 November 2018, Sunday. Entries received after 6:00pm on 18 November 2018, Sunday (or such extended closing date determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser) or are damaged, corrupted, incomplete or illegible will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- There is no theme designated by the Organiser, participant are free to choose own theme for submission video.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the contest period at any time without any prior notice to any party whatsoever. Unless otherwise varied to the contrary by the Organiser, any participation in the Contest during the extended period (if any) shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein which shall remain in full force and effect at all times.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the contest mechanisms, withdraw or terminate this Contest at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notices to any person.
- The Contest is open to ALL Malaysian citizen, age 18 and above, residing in Malaysia ONLY (“Eligible Participants”).
- Employees of the Organiser, its affiliates and/or related companies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Each entry Must Not More Than 120 seconds duration.
- Eligible Participants MUST provide their Full Name, Identity Card number, valid Contact Number, Email address and Video Synopsis (Incomplete entries will not be considered).
- Each submission will be tied to ONE Eligible Participant. In the event that a group works together on a submission, the submission will be entered under the name of a primary participant. However, the complete details of group members MUST BE provided.
- Entries can include any elements and MUST contain SOA Ceramics products in any part of the video for a period not lesser than half of the time of the submission video.
- All entries must be the Eligible Participants’ original works and no part or component thereof is copied from any other work or material.
- The dialogue may be in any languages spoken in Malaysia.
- By submitting a video entry to the Contest, Eligible Participants confirm that they are the legal and/or beneficial owner or otherwise have the intellectual property rights to submit such materials; and therefore warrant that they have obtained rights in incorporating copyrighted materials i.e. music, soundtrack, audio, graphics, images and video clips in their video entry. Each entry and any part thereof shall not at any time infringe or violate any laws or the rights of third party.
- Entries must not have been submitted to any other contests/competition/film festival before.
- Entries must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or services (other than the Organiser’s).
- Entries that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libellous, illegal, offensive, or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material should not be submitted and the Organiser reserves the right to remove or demand the Eligible Participant to remove such entry at any time in the Organiser’s sole discretion.
- By submitting the entries, the producers and owners of the entries are to grant the Organiser exclusive rights of the copyright to use the entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally.
- All costs and expenses in connection with the production of the entry and the participation of this contest shall be fully borne by the Eligible Participants.
- Entries will be judged equally based on (A) Creativity; (B) Originality; and (C) Appropriateness to the usage of product. Judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding. No further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
FORMAT OF THE VIDEO SUBMISSION
- Every entry video should consist of the title – ‘SOA Ceramics ’ followed by title of video, such as the name of the food recipe
- A brief synopsis of video
- Recommended video resolution is 640p x 480p. Video quality must be clear on a full computer screen.
- The video must be in one of the following formats: WebM, MPEG4, 3GPP, MOV,AVI, MPEGPS, WMV, or FLV
- Audio quality must be clear – on site audio feed or narration is allowed.
- Alternatively, video can be uploaded to Youtube can link to be shared to the Organiser.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All complete entries are to be submitted via online file transfer (e.g. wetransfer, google drive, Youtube etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00 pm on 18 November 2018, Sunday.
- All submission must comply with the submission requirements and format video in accordance with sections 7 and 8 of these Terms and Conditions
- Alternatively, you may send your completed entries (either CD/DVD) to the following address by 6.00 pm on 18 October 2018, Sunday:
(Attn to : Admin Department)
Rensoon Ceramics Sdn Bhd
Plot 7, Lorong Bemban 1,
Estet Perindustrian Bemban,
31000 Batu Gajah, Perak.
Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
- Prize winner(s) chosen by the organiser will be announced and receive RM300 worth of SOA Ceramics products.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with alternative prizes of similar value, at any time without prior notice. All prizes are given on an “As is” basis and are not exchangeable or sold for cash, credit, other items or voucher in part or in full and are non-transferable to any other person.
- The eligibility to win the Contest is on the condition that Eligible Participants fully comply with the Terms and Conditions as stated herein.
- Incomplete entries and/or the failure to fulfil all or any of the Terms and Conditions will automatically disqualify the Eligible Participants from the Contest without prior notice.
- The best submissions as determined by the judges in their sole discretion will be judged for its ranking of the prizes. The judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding.
- Eligible Participants may submit more than one (1) entry but only one (1) prize will be given for each of the Top 13 prize winners.
MOST SHARED AWARD
- All Eligible Participants stand a chance to win the Most Shared Award. There is only one (1) Most Shared Award. The Organiser will upload videos of all the Eligible Participants to https://www.facebook.com/soaceramics/ (“Facebook Page”) from 11 November 2018, Sunday. Video with the highest no. of shared by 12:00 pm on 18 November 2018, Sunday will qualify as a winner for the Most Shared Award.
- To get as many friends to share the video, eligible Participants may upload the video to your respective Personal Facebook account and put the post as “Public” from 11 November 2018, Sunday onwards. Participants MUST sent the shared link to the Organiser at email@example.com for tracking by 12:00 pm on 18 November 2018, Sunday. Video shared from any external media other than facebook (for example Twitter, Instagram etc) will not be tracked and hence does not qualify as a share.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
- The winners of the Contest will be notified via email or phone no later than 23 November 2018, Friday or such other date as decided by the Organiser at its absolute discretion, to present in person at the Prize Presentation venue to collect their prize. However, the Organiser reserves the right to change the venue and/or timing of Prize Presentation at its sole discretion without prior notification. Alternatively, shall the Organiser deem necessary, it may post the prize to the address designated by winner.
- In the event that a submission created by a group (and submitted by a Primary Entrant) is declared the winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the prize will be awarded to the primary participant and it will be the responsibility of the primary participant to distribute the prize.
- The winners are fully responsible for any injuries, damages or claims as a result of or arising from their participation in the Contest, usage of their prize and/or collection of their prize. All transportation, accommodation, personal cost and/or any other costs and/or any other related expenses that are incurred to participate in this Contest and/or to redeem the prize are the sole responsibility of the Eligible Participants and winners.
- The Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any loss in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to the following:
- Any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending the entry as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experience by the participating internet line and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Contest. In the event of such error, interruption and or failure, the Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Eligible Participant to participate in the Contest at any time.
- Any problems, expenses, damages, losses, suits and claims of whatsoever nature against any Eligible Participants that may arise from or in connection with their participation in the Contest and/or display of Eligible Participants’ entries.
- Any error (including error in notification of Contest winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, internet line failure, theft, destruction of, or unauthorized access to entries, PC hang whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. ‘
- By entering the Contest, Eligible Participants shall agree to appear in internet, videos, photographs, write-ups which may be used in advertising (any form of media) or other materials by the Organiser. Eligible Participants shall not be entitled to any payment for such use, or for any re-use; and acknowledge that all copyright, including the right to reproduce likeness or image shall belong to the Organiser absolutely; and to release and discharge the Organiser from any claims in relation to the Organiser’s use of likeness or image.
- The Organiser reserves the absolute right to disqualify any individual that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in breach or potential breach of this Contest’s Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, modify suspend or delay the Contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- By participating in this Contest, all Eligible Participants hereby warrant that all statements personal details given are true, correct, accurate and complete and that they have read and understood all the Terms and Conditions of this Contest and agree to be unconditionally bound by it.
- By participating in this Contest, all Eligible Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees that may be arise from or in connection with the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and the Eligible Participants will be bound to such changes.
- Any Terms and Conditions applicable to this Contest which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
- For further enquiries, please call the Online Admin team at (+60)-5-366 8851 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org